When you upgrade to a new major version (minor version upgrades do not usually require a new license key), you will need to upgrade your license key through the GFI Customer Area. If you have a valid software maintenance agreement for any previous version of the product that is being upgraded, you are eligible for a free upgrade.
If you are looking for information on how to retrieve your license key, please see: How to obtain Customer Portal Login information or License Key
To check the status of the software maintenance agreement for your product:
- Login to the GFI Customer Area (https://customers.gfi.com)
- Enter your username and password. You should have received these along with the product license key.
- Click the My License Keys link
- Next to the product you wish to upgrade, hover your mouse over the blue key icon
- If you have a valid software maintenance agreement for your product, you can choose Upgrade License Key here to upgrade your GFI Product. The new license key will be available in your GFI Customer Area.
- If you do not have a valid software maintenance agreement for your product, you can click Renewal to renew your software maintenance agreement or Support if you need any assistance.
Note: License key upgrades are only required when you are upgrading to a new version. You do not need to upgrade your license key if you want to install a new build or Service Release for your product.